Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our brood.


We are two moms, with the same name, Melissa Hall. To make matters more confusing, I live in a house where she once lived, so pharmacists, magazine subscriptions and the Washington Drivers License Bureau all have a heck of a time figuring us out.
We decided to start this blog because we are jointly undertaking The Happiness Project (a book by Gretchen Rubin) at the asme time. More information can be found here: http://www.happiness-project.com/.
Needless to say, we are very excited and wanted a way to document our journey and hold ourselves accountable and VOILA, you get our blog. Our lives are very different so we have a lot of experiences to share that should apply to all different situations. We are also looking for help and encouragement!
I plan to start tomorrow by posting a few of my resolutions that I have started this month along with how they are going. My first is to update this daily, and to mention something I am grateful for. Today my husband, daughter, Melissa's son (Dominic) and their Nana and Poppa went to the Mariners game. Melissa and I got to go to dinner with Abby (the baby), and after that she went to a work function and I had some alone time to do some much needed cleaning and organizing of our living space. So today I am grateful for alone time, and for having a family that I miss VERY much during that alone time.
Until tomorrow!
Melissa #2

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog idea!

    I love that you two are connected by something as ultimately arbitrary as your name. I reminds me of the "John Smith" episode of the This American Life TV show.

    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete