Saturday, April 17, 2010

A little background

To start off, I'd like to give a quick background of 'The Happiness Project'. This book is not about being unhappy, if fact quite the opposite. The author Gretchen Rubin is a pretty happy person to start with, she wrote the book to help happy people become happier and to find ways to deal with those fleeting unhappy moments. We all have annoyances in our lives and it is how we deal with them that makes us who we are. Gretchen has done a ton of research on how to help manage difficult situations, and how to stay happy through them. I am finding in reading her book that I have become more aware of the little things in life that make a huge difference. The main one I have discovered is having an organized life helps the day run smoother (example: if you aren't caught up in looking for a matching pair of socks in the morning, it leaves a lot more time to do the rest of the morning routine). The other tip she gave is that if it takes less than a minute, do it now. I have been loving this tip, because the one glass that turns into four in the sink, now get put straight into the dish washer, and the junk mail that piled up on the table now goes right into the trash. The one minute I spent today saved me ten minutes tomorrow. When you are as busy as I am, ten extra minutes a day is a real treat!
Following Melissa #2 I'd like to included what I am thankful for today, as I think it's a wonderful way to end the day. I am thankful for the end of bowling season, it was a great season and both Dominic and Zoe (Melissa's oldest) had a lot of great games and good memories made. However now it is time for T-ball season and I can't wait to watch the kids grow and learn even more. I am a big believer in teaching kids as many sports as possible, because they can learn new skills and become more confident with each new skill set.
Melissa #1

No comments:

Post a Comment