Saturday, April 24, 2010

Being More Courteous

In effort to start changing my bad behavior I started today with being more courteous. What better place to practice this than at the grocery store. It is so easy to rush through the store and ignore everyone around. So today I took a deep breath, and thought about all the things I find rude in the store. So while going down an isle and zooming past the person that was price checking, I politely excused myself, and as a reward got a smile and a no problem, he even moved his cart so I didn't have to squeeze by. On another isle that was packed with carts I decided to go around instead of pushing my way through with a sigh, considering the only thing I needed was at the end of the isle, and those folks were there first I figured this way would be better, I probably got what I needed sooner. The last thing that happened has very hypocritical of me, I was talking on my phone! I hate when other people talk and shop because they are never paying attention to where they are going. However I had to take a very important call that couldn't wait, and what do you know, I almost ran my cart into another shoppers, instead of ignoring that I did this, I mouthed 'Sorry' and gave a very guilty look. This got quite a chuckle from the shopper instead of a dirty look and an annoyance to her. I felt really good about my progress at the store today, it also made getting my shopping done less bothersome! I will continue to pursue changing my bad habits since it brings such a joy to not only me, but those around me.

Courteously
Melissa #1

No comments:

Post a Comment