Friday, April 23, 2010

Airing some seriously dirty laundry.

So I had an uber productive day today, mostly thanks to Chris. We were finally able to go through our entire storage unit, get everything sorted out and mostly put away (okay, I have one giant box of Zoe toys left but we are close, dangit). He did a ridiculous amount of work for me, all because he knows how I feel about having clear spaces in my living area. He is a wonderful husband, I am still thankful everyday that someone loves me despite my idiosyncracies.

So I completed several loads of laundry, did some (mostly) healthy grocery shopping with Zoe, played with her, took care of the baby, made dinner for us and had Melissa and Dominic over to watch Avatar. I feel good about my accomplishments today, and feel back on track. My attitude really does affect everyone in my family, so I am trying to be so cognizant of that lately and things have been really great.

But now, on to the confessional part of the blog post. I promise that I am about to admit to some really bad things, that will have good parents everywhere shaking their heads. Trust me, I know that I am doing some things so wrong, I just don't know how we got here.

Confession #1 - Abby doesn't drink from a bottle. At all. Ever. I mean, she has like twice but not consistently and not from anyone but me. Zoe took both from day one and I just never had an issue, but Abby is four months old now and I can't leave her for more than an hour or so at a time. This is becoming pretty stressful for me, because I am worried that I am only making her more "mommy centric", which brings me to...

Confession #2 - Abby has long periods throughout the day where she won't be held by anyone but me. She loves her daddy, and there are times when they are bestest buds, but there are times during the day when she steadfastly refuses to be near anyone except mommy. She is four months old, but she will yell "mum" over and over again. Sometimes she will sit with someone else when she can see me, but if I leave a room she will scream. And this doesn't just last a few minutes, it will go on for hours. 

Confesstion # 3 - I know, this is just getting ridiculous. But she won't let me put her down EVER. We have a swing, a walker, an exersaucer, a bouncer, a playpen, a tummy mat. We have tried every room, when she is awake, tired, happy, sad. We have one of these contraptions that at least allow me to have two hands, but it's all making me crazy!


So yeah, I am not necessarily looking for advice here, but I just know that it's all got to be fixed, and I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of tears (both hers and mine) involved.

Well, off to get some sleep, hopefully with the baby in her crib for the most part tonight! (I guess that whole battle really should have been Confession #4)

Melissa #2

No comments:

Post a Comment