Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm Back

Well after a long stint of not posting due to a lot of different reasons (IE being super busy, with work and home, plus not having much positive to say), I am back! With a lot of positive news. First I got the news this week that I will be getting a new position at work, one I am very excited about! I will be helping the company I work for make the change from paper charts to electronic charts. This may not sound all that exciting, but for me it is the job I have been waiting for, for years. I will be in charge (sort of, I will be part of a group) that makes all the decisions on how to implement the new system. It will be a ton of work and involve a lot of training, first I train on it, then I teach my 200+ coworkers how to use it! Yay for having an excellent new position!
The other great part of this week is today the kids (Dominic and Zoe) had their first T-ball game. After only two practices they both did great! Zoe did amazing, this is her first season of T-ball, and I was so impressed how well she played, and how well she focused on the ball, she didn't take her eye off the ball once! Dominic had two great hits, way into right field, and got four great outs while playing first base (not that the kids are actually out, but hey it counts in my book). It was fun for me to hear all the other parents raving about how well he played. I'm sure it helps they practice as many days of the week that they can. Sometimes I think Dominic is close to obsession when it comes to playing baseball.
So all and all it was a fairly good week, excluding the very long days, and the stress that comes with any new job position. It helps that today turned out to be a great Saturday of sunny T-Ball, Mothers day BBQ, and getting to spend time with the family. It always amazes me how quickly a hard week can be turned around by one really good day.
With hope that more good days will come,
Melissa #1

2 comments:

  1. Wait-- what do you mean that the kids aren't really out? How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The child hitting gets to continue running, even if they are techinally out. I guess they don't actually get outs till next year. Lame.

    ReplyDelete